Macswain

Friday, May 05, 2006

Meet the New Saddams - The Ayatollah Sistani Version

The Independent gives us the story of the killing by Iraqi Police of a 14 year old "for being homosexual."

Human rights groups are particularly concerned that the Sadr and Badr militias, both Shia, have stepped up their attacks on the gay community after a string of religious rulings, since the US-led invasion, calling for the eradication of homosexuals.

Grand Ayatollah Sistani recently issued a fatwa on his website calling for the execution of gays in the "worst, most severe way".


What a sick SOB ... and remember, this is the guy we've been hailing for helping bring a government of "national unity" to Iraq. I guess freedom, minority rights or even human rights just aren't his forte.

2 Comments:

  • Mac

    OK, you've convinced me already. I screwed up going to war 3 years ago. And Sistani's not such a great guy. What should I do now? Do you have constructive solutions to offer?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

  • Leo,

    I don't know what to do. I'm gonna resign and turn government over to you. What are you gonna do?

    I don't understand the Palestinian solution comment. Please explain.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home