Macswain

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Nutters Of The Mainstream Right

Here's Thomas Sowell in the National Review Online (via TNR):

When I see the worsening degeneracy in our politicians, our media, our educators, and our intelligentsia, I can't help wondering if the day may yet come when the only thing that can save this country is a military coup.


Likely, he's fantasizing about his wet dream of "Bush Forever!" He thinks if he can start spreading the meme now, it can become reality by ... oh ... how 'bout ... January 2009.

This kind of talk should be reviled. Yet, to the right, Sowell's an intellectual giant worthy of a lifetime of wingnut welfare. His twisted thoughts get published in one of their major outlets.

2 Comments:

  • Actually if he were speaking about the increasing power and abuses of corporations or of the corruption of the voting process in swing states, I might agree that an overthrow is in order. The increasing corruption of government officials has been mainly due to right-wingers...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 PM  

  • I'm "of the right" and I revile talk of a military coup.

    I hope this makes your day MacSwain.

    Publius

    PS: I'm also against a coup to fix the corruption of the voting process in swing states.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home