Macswain

Friday, October 21, 2005

The Weekly College Fotball Picks (or Makin' Money with Macswain)

Take your choice --- Bush or Macswain.

If you invested in a stock package that closely folows the Dow during the Bush years, you'd have negative growth over nearly five years.

I say give me 5 weeks instead.

After going 5-0 last week, I've upped the season record to an astounding 15-7 against the spread. I'm waiting for Vegas to call with my seven-figure contract. If you had bet $1,100 per game (I'm no pussy so I calculate for the "juice") on my picks, you would've needed a $6,600 investment to make all the bets I've recommended and you currently would be up $7,300. That's a 110% return on your investment over the course of 5 weeks of betting.

Let's keep it going.

Take Michigan and the 2.5 points at Iowa.

Give the 4 and take 'Bama at home against the Volunteers.

The Oregon State Beavers keep rolling by covering the 9.5 points they get at UCLA.

Take Virginia and the 1 point they're getting at North Carolina.

Take the 6 points Auburn is getting at LSU.

1 Comments:

  • A down week for me, jandrew.

    The season total goes to 17-10.

    I do agree with you on the Texas/USC thing. Texas does deserve credit with a tough nonconference road win at Ohio State but that is certainly offset by USC's road win at Notre Dame playing on the thickest football field outside of my backyard.

    Beyond that, USC's Pac 10 opponents are certainly of a higher quality than Texas' Big 12 opponents.

    One example of how the BCS can screw things up may be borne out by USC's road victory over Oregon. With Kellen Clemmons at QB, Oregon is probably a top ten team. However, Clemmons went down with a season ending injury on Saturday and Oregon may lose a couple of gasmes down the stretch. Oddly, if this happens, the BCS will punish USC for Oregon's downfall even though it has nothing to do with the quality of Oregon as an opponent at the time USC played them.

    It may come down to USC's game against UCLA at the end of the season. If UCLA can remain unbeaten until then, a USC win over a top 5 opponent could propel them back into the top spot.

    By Blogger Macswain, at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home