Macswain

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Weekly Picks

Not a lot of good games this week, but here we go:

It breaks my heart when great teams lose their key player as happened to Georgia and Oregon last week. Betting on sports, however, is not for the sentimental. I'm taking Florida at home to beat Georgia by more than 4.

UCLA has ben enigmatic for me all year. They easily could've lost three of their games but then looked incredible last week against Oregon State. I think they figured out their identity last week and I'll give up the 7 points and take the Bruins on the road at Stanford.

Michigan against Northwestern is probably the toughest, competitive game to call this week. That's why I must call it. Northwestern has shown that they can put up points against anyone, including 29 against one of the best defenses in the nation against Penn State. I just don't think Michigan will be able to keep up with them, especially with the game being at Evanston. I'm taking Northwestern and the 3 points you get with them.

The Big 10 is the parity league this year. Staying there, I'll give up the 3.5 points to take Ohio State on the road at Minnesota.

While the Big 12 sucks this year (except for Texas), Colorado is quietly rebuilding its program. I'll take the Buffs on the road and give up the 7.5 points to Kansas State.

1 Comments:

  • macswain:

    we're all looking for a little guidance from the M man re Scalito.
    What say ye?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home