Macswain

Monday, May 29, 2006

Jaw Dropper of the Night

It's late and I don't have time to comment more fully, but check these graphs contained in an ABC News report on Hadditha:

More than two months after the incident Time magazine asked the military to respond to allegations of the killings.

The magazine says a Marine spokesman responded with an e-mail stating, "I cannot believe you're buying any of this. This falls into the same category of Al-Qaeda in Iraq propaganda."

It was only after Time magazine showed a video in February to another military spokesman in Baghdad that an investigation was begun.


Then there is the interview in the LA Times with a Marine who came to the scene in Hadditha:

Briones said he took pictures of at least 15 bodies before his camera batteries died. He said he then helped other Marines remove the bodies and place them in body bags. He said his worst moment, and one that haunts him to this day, was picking up the body of a young girl who was shot in the head.

"I held her out like this," he said, demonstrating with his arms extended, "but her head was bobbing up and down and the insides fell on my legs."

As he spoke, his mother, Susie Briones, 40, a Hanford community college teacher, who was sitting beside him at the kitchen table, silently wiped away tears.

Earlier she confided to a reporter that her son called frequently from Iraq after he experienced nightmares over the little girl.

"He called me many times," she said, "about carrying this little girl in his hands and her brains splattering on his boots. He'd say, 'Mom, I can't clean my boots. I can't clean my boots. I see her.' "

6 Comments:

  • Isn't the new rationale for being in Iraq that we're advancing basic human rights?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:21 PM  

  • I don't know much about Iraq. about the only thing I am really certain of is that I want Katherine Harris. Could you do another post on her. Rolly

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:39 PM  

  • Rolly, you have no soul

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

  • Rolly:

    You don't know much about Iraq. Nor about anything else. Just face it, you don't know jack shit.

    Maybe you and Harris will hit it off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 PM  

  • Get over it. War is Hell

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

  • This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home